Tier 1 Global Talent Visa
The Tier 1 Global Talent Visa is for leaders (exceptional talent), or potential leaders (exceptional promise), in the fields of science, medicine, engineering, humanities, arts and culture (including film and television, fashion design and architecture), and digital technology (including financial technology, gaming, cyber security and artificial intelligence).
The UK Global Talent visa replaces the previous Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) category and allows the holder to work in the UK in any capacity.
UK Global Talent Visa Endorsement
Before you can apply for the Global Talent Visa you need to have received an endorsement as a leader, or potential leader, in your field from one of the approved endorsing bodies, these being:
- The Royal Society – for natural and medical science applications
- The Royal Academy of Engineering – for engineering applications
- The British Academy – for humanities and social science applications
- Arts Council England – for arts, culture, fashion, architecture, film and television applications
- Tech Nation – for digital technology applications
- UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) – for science and research applications
You may be eligible to apply without obtaining an endorsement if you have any of the following:
- a job offer as a senior academic or researcher, for example as a professor or reader at a university
- an individual fellowship
- a research grant that is approved by UK Research and Innovation (UKRI)
If you do not, you can apply by having your application peer reviewed. You do not need a job offer, but your application will take longer.
Each endorsing body has it’s own criteria and will require significant evidence to support your application for endorsement as a person of Exceptional Talent or Exceptional Promise before you can then submit your application for a Tier 1 Global Talent Visa.
What About My Family Members
Your dependant family members (usually a partner and children under 18 years of age) can join you as dependants.
Can I Submit A Tier 1 Global Talent Visa Application In The UK
You can only apply from within the UK if you currently hold visas in the following categories:
- Tier 1
- Tier 2
- Tier 5 (Temporary worker – Government Authorised Exchange) on an exchange scheme for sponsored researchers
- a Start-up visa
- an Innovator visa
ILR for Global Talent Visa Holders
Those who are endorsed as being leaders in their field (Exceptional Talent) can potentially apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) after 3 years in the UK.
Those who are endorsed as potential leaders (Exceptional Promise) should qualify for ILR after 5 years in the UK.
Can I Apply for the Tier 1 Global Talent Visa On My Own
Yes, you can apply without assistance for any visa. If you choose to engage us to assist then you will benefit from our extensive experience and expertise in successfully obtaining visas for those with exceptional talent. Get in touch to find out how we can help you.