UK Start Up Visa
The UK Start Up Visa is for new entrepreneurs who wish to start a new and innovative business in the UK. You do not need to have any investment income in order to apply for this visa but you do need your business idea to have been endorsed by an authorised endorsing body.
UK Start Up Visa Application Requirements
Your business idea must be endorsed by an authorised endorsing body. To receive endorsement your business idea must be:
- New – you cannot invest into an existing business that is already trading;
- Innovative – your idea must be original and different from anything else that is currently on the market;
- Viable – you should have relevant knowledge, skills and experience for the type of business you wish to establish;
- Scaleable – the business should have significant potential for growth and job creation.
You will also need to meet the English Language requirement.
Although you do not need to have any investment funds available, many endorsing bodies will require you to demonstrate sufficient investment funds to support the business being developed.
UK Start Up Visa Conditions
The UK Start Up Visa allows you to:
- set up a business or several businesses;
- work for your business – this includes being employed as a director, or self-employed as a member of a business partnership;
- bring family members with you.
You are not permitted to:
- get public funds;
- work as a doctor or dentist in training;
- work as a professional sportsperson, for example a sports coach;
- settle in the UK on this visa.
Can I Apply for the UK Start Up Visa in the UK
You can switch to the UK Start Up Visa within the UK from the Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur visa, Tier 2 General or Tier 2 ICT Skilled Worker visas, Tier 4 General Student visa or Prospective Entrepreneur.
How Can We Help
The first stage that we take you through is for one of our experienced UK immigration lawyers to discuss your business idea with you and determine if we feel that there is merit in taking this forward to an authorised endorsing body. This is done on a Consultancy basis and if this looks promising then we will be happy to assist you with progressing your application for endorsement.